The Minister for Employment's annual national objectives
The Minister for Employment publishes guiding employment policy objectives for municipalities' employment services on an annual basis.
Job centres are required to incorporate the Minister's annual objectives into their annual employment plans.
The Minister for Employment's five national objectives for 2018 are:
- More people must be in employment or education instead of being on public support.
- Businesses must be ensured sufficient and qualified labour.
- More refugees and family reunified must be self-sufficient.
- More people that are ready for a job but are receiving cash benefits must become employed and more people must become ready for a job.
- The fight against social fraud and mistaken payments must be strengthened.
The municipalities themselves decide what targets and indicators they wish to set up in their employment plans.